LAST UPDATED: 14 May 2018
WHO COLLECTS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect about you, including when this may happen and for what reason. It also explains the rights you have to your personal data, and how we’ll handle handle that data.
Heating Support Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales under number 05361607. When we refer to ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this notice, we mean Heating Support Ltd.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
There are a number of lawful reasons for processing your personal data including:
- Consent – This is where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data for a specific purpose. For example, when you tick a box to receive our email newsletter.
- Contract – This is the processing necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. For example, when you order products from us.
- Legal obligation – This is the processing necessary for us to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations). For example, passing on details of a crime to law enforcement.
- Legitimate interests – This is the processing necessary for our legitimate interests in ways that you would reasonably expect as part of running our business and that have a minimal privacy impact.
We collect personal data from you when you:
- Purchase a product in store or by phone.
- Request a quote for a product.
- Open a trade account.
- Contact us be email, web form, phone or post.
- Communicate with us on social media.
- Sign up for our email newsletter.
We collect personal data from you which may include:
- Contact information such as name, address, phone number and email address.
- Merchant copies of payment receipts.
- Information including photographs sent for product identification.
- Email newsletter preferences.
- Social media username and profile information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data where it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you because you have consented to our use it, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- To process your orders in store or by phone, including taking payment and dispatching where necessary. We do this on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with our legal obligation.
- To provide accurate quotes for the products we sell. We do this on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with our legal obligation.
- To set up and maintain your trade account (where appropriate), including sending invoices and statements. We do this on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and/or to comply with our legal obligation.
- To respond to your enquiries including refund requests and complaints. We do this on the basis of our contractual relationship with you, for our legitimate business interests and/or to comply with our legal obligation.
- With your consent, to send marketing communications containing news, product information and special offers. We do this on the basis of having your consent or for our legitimate business interests. You are free to opt out of these marketing communications at any time.
- To protect our customers, premises and products from crime and to comply with our legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests and/or to comply with our legal obligation.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Third party service providers
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties with your consent, or to complete any purchases or quotes you have requested, or to open and manage your account. We provide only the personal data that is necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. Examples of these include delivery couriers and product manufacturers.
Business transactions, legal reasons and law enforcement
In the event of a merger or acquisition with/by another company, your personal data may be shared with them under the terms of this Privacy Notice. We may be required to share your personal data to comply with our legal obligations or with law enforcement.
YOUR RIGHTS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the following rights to your personal data:
- To be informed about why we collect and how we use your personal data.
- To access the personal data we hold about you. This is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- To have inaccurate personal data corrected or completed if it is incomplete.
- To have the personal data we hold about you erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected or processed for, if you withdraw consent, if we have no legitimate business interests or to comply with a legal obligation.
- To request restriction or suppression of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- To obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- To object to the processing of your personal data based on legitimate business interests, legal obligations, direct marketing or processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
How to access or correct your personal data
If you would like a copy of the personal data we hold about you, or inaccurate personal data corrected, please contact us using the details in the Contact section below.
How to request your personal data is erased
If you would like to request that we erase the personal data we hold about you, please contact us using the details in the Contact section below.
How to withdraw consent
Where you have given clear consent for us to process your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the details in the Contact section below.
How to stop direct marketing
If you would like to stop receiving direct marketing communications from us, please click the unsubscribe link in any marketing email we send you or contact us using the details in the Contact section below.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was originally collected or processed for. The criteria used to determine the retention period include our ongoing relationship with you (for example, for as long as you have an account) and to comply with our legal obligations (for example, HMRC state we must keep records for 6 years from the end of the last financial year they relate to).
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
If you are unhappy with the way your personal data has been handled or with our response to any requests you have made, you have the right to report a concern to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
- Online at ico.org.uk/concerns.
- Phone them on 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Notice, please contact us in one of the following ways:
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Write to us at Heating Support Ltd, Unit N Peregrine Mews, Dowding Road, Allenby Industrial Estate, Lincoln, LN3 4PH.
- Phone us on 01522 541 911.